Friday, April 4, 2008

Could this possibly be the beginning?!?!

So this morning, Abby woke up dry. Completely dry.

I took this as an opportunity, and asked her if she needed to go potty....."No." was the response that I got. Ok, but by then, she was naked. This girl hates PJs.....

So we go get Danny up, and she's holding herself. "Are you sure you don't have to go potty?" as she's running down the hallway. I grab Danny, and off we go. She sits there for a while, and nothing. So I go and change Danny, and next I hear, "Momma! Abby BIG pee!!" Yup, she did it!! YIPEE!!

After breakfast, we went upstairs to work on some stuff that I am trying to get done before Roland gets home, namely getting pictures hung in the hallway upstairs. We get up there, and in the middle of it, Abby RUNS to the bathroom. Yup! Another BIG pee....lol YAY!!

So I decide to chance it. It's nice and sunny out today, so I get us all dressed, and out we go. We're playing for about an hour (with several, "Hey Abby, do you have to go potty?"'s) and needless to say, I think that she was a little TOO interested in playing to realize that she had to go potty:( Hey, at least she tried!

We go inside and get changed. She's just in undies and a tee-shirt, and we are on the main floor. (The only one without a bathroom.) But, thank goodness for portable potties, and I explain to her that if she has to go potty, either tell momma, or the potty is right there. She's playing for a while, and next I know, she's holding her butt and trotting off to the potty. She did it all by herself, and she went POOP! WOWZA!! YAY!! I made a SUPER big deal about it, and she was SO proud! I asked her if she wanted to call Grandma, but she said no. (She's like her momma, not a phone person....)

So yay Abby. Momma could not be more proud:) I'm just beaming.

No comments: