Sunday, October 26, 2008

Abby's new talent and pics of the pumpkin patch....

So, as I am making dinner tonight (spaghetti) I hear a strange noise. One you don't normally hear from a 3 year old. One, that as far as you know, has never practiced. One, as far as you know, no one has ever tried to show them HOW to make this noise.

She's whistling.
No lie! As soon as I realized that it was coming out of my daughter rather than the TV like I originally thought, I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Abby?" I say, "Are you whistling?!"

"Yeah!" she says with the PROUDEST look that I have seen to date from her. Man, I have a smart kid.

And then my little Mr. Congeniality. Man, this kid will suck you in with his smile. He's just the happiest lil' guy. Here he is at the pumpkin patch with his sister saying, "Cheese!!"


And then a sampling of the conversations that I have with Abby:
The other day on the way to work, I had noticed that she was kinda clingy and unhappy the last few days (read: being a lil' stinker!) and this is normally how she is when she has an ear infection. So I wanted to ask her if her ears are bothering her, but with my little actress, you have to be sneaky about it. You have to ask without suggesting. So I say,
"Abby? How's your knees?" She giggles and says,
"Good!"
"Abs? How are your elbows?"
*giggles* "Good!"
"How's your ears?"
"Cute!"
Cute?! CUTE?! Where does she come up with these things?! I love listening to her think. lol

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is soooooo cute! Katelyn wants to whistle too, but she's not even close yet!